Gipper can accept still-image uploads along the formats of PNG & JPEG. However, because most iPhones shoot in HEIC formats, you might run into issues using HEIC files on the Gipper platform if you are not using Safari!
For users on Safari, Gipper automatically converts HEIC files to JPEG formats!
For Chrome/Edge users, HEIC files aren’t universally compatible with Gipper and need to be converted to JPEG!
HOW TO CONVERT HEIC TO JPEG ON WINDOWS:
- The built-in Paint app can open HEIC files and then resave them as JPEGs.
HOW TO CONVERT HEIC TO JPEG ON MAC:
Within Finder, there’s a “Convert Image” button when you select a file (but it requires macOS Monterey). Or you can use a 3rd party site such as https://image.online-convert.com/convert-to-jpg
HOW TO SWITCH YOUR SHOOTING MODE ON iPHONE:
- In your “Settings” menu, find and tap on “Camera.”
- In the “Camera” menu, tap on “Formats” at the very top of the menu.
- Here you can select either “High Efficiency,” which will allow your iPhone to shoot and store HEIC files, or “Most Compatible,” which will have your phone capture JPEGs.
If you want to capture HEIC files but want to avoid incompatibility issues on devices that don’t support the format natively, there’s a toggle hidden in your settings that can help convert images to compatible format upon transfer.
*With this setting enabled, your iPhone will convert HEIC files to JPEG when you send them off to different devices.
- In your “Settings” menu, find and tap on “Photos.”
- Scroll down to the very bottom of this menu to find the “Transfer to Mac or PC” header. If you have “Automatic” selected, your iPhone will convert your HEIC files to JPEG files when you use sharing options that could go to an incompatible device.
If you go to share a photo over AirDrop or iMessage with another Apple user, it’ll remain an HEIC. But if you use the share feature to send a photo in an email or on another platform, it’ll be swapped for a JPEG. If you have “Keep Originals” selected, your iPhone will only share photos in the format you shot them in.
Thanks for reading and we hope this was helpful! If you have any questions, please contact our Support Team via email at: email@example.com, use the green Help button in the Gipper Platform, or call our support phone line at (929) 207-8459!
Please sign in to leave a comment.