Note: if you've already completed the steps listed below, skip to the "Add an Instagram Account" section.
To successfully connect your Instagram account to Gipper and enable full Instagram publishing, make sure the following is true:
- You have an Instagram business profile connected to a Facebook Page. For information, see Changing Instagram personal profile to a business profile. If you already have a business profile, see Connect an Instagram account to a Facebook Page to connect your Facebook Page to your account.
- You are the Admin or Editor page role for the connected Facebook Page. See the Facebook help article Manage Page roles.
- You have the usernames and passwords for both your Instagram account and the Facebook account that manages the connected Page.
Important: Business profiles that haven't connected to a Facebook Page, are recognized as personal profiles and will not have the ability to post or schedule posts directly from Gipper to Instagram.
Add an Instagram Account
- Log in to Gipper
- Navigate to Settings
- Click “Facebook / Instagram” (located just below “Connected Social Accounts”)
Select “+ Add account” - which will direct you to Facebook
Log in to your Facebook account (make sure this is the account with Admin access to your Facebook Page)
- If prompted to authorize access to your Instagram Business profile, select "Next" for that particular profile. Shown below:
- Select Done.
And that’s it!
Once connected, you can now successfully post or schedule posts directly from Gipper to your connected Instagram account(s) via our "Publish" feature.
- You can publish a single image or video directly to Instagram if your profile is connected to a Facebook Page.
- When you publish a single image directly to an Instagram business profile, the image’s aspect ratio must be either square or between 1.91:1 (landscape) and 4:5 (portrait). To make this easy, any template on Gipper in "Instagram Mode" or "Twitter Mode" will publish! Other dimensions are not supported.
To determine the mode of a template, use the icons on the Template Dashboard. See the below image for the Twitter (left) and Instagram (right) mode icons:
Here is a quick video that will walk you through on this process:
Thanks for reading and we hope this was helpful! If you have any questions, please contact our Support Team via email at: email@example.com, use the green Help button in the Gipper Platform, or call our support phone line at (929) 207-8459!